Starting discussions in a forum fosters community engagement, shares diverse perspectives, facilitates knowledge exchange, and creates a supportive environment.
On MyMahotsav, you can create discussion thread in the various groups you are a part of.
How to start a discussion thread:
- Sign into your MyMahotsav account (https://mymahotsav.com/).
- To access your groups (Groups for who you are a member or creator of), you can do so by:
- Option 1: Click on Social Groups on the member dashboard.
- Option 2: Select Social > Groups from the Navigation pane and then click on My Groups.
- Option 3: Select Groups > My Groups from the profile dropdown menu.
- Click on the group name you want to create
- Click on Discussions.
- Click on New Discussion.
- Enter the discussion title and the content.
- You can edit the text by clicking on the Aa.
- You can change the format of the text to Bold or Italic, add unordered and ordered list, block quotes and add links.
- You can attach photos, videos and documents. You can also add GIFs and emojis to your discussion thread.
- Add related tags so that users can search for tags they want to read about and find your discussion thread.
- If you want to be notified on any new replies on your discussion thread, check the box near "Notify me of new replies".
- Once done, click on Post.
Once done, users can find your discussion thread in the group you created it in.