When creating a group, if you haven't selected a privacy setting, it is automatically set as public by default. However, you always have the flexibility to change the privacy settings of the group at any time.
To manage privacy setting of a group:
- Sign into your MyMahotsav account (https://mymahotsav.com/).
- To access your groups (Groups for who you are a member or creator of), you can do so by:
- Option 1: Click on Social Groups on the member dashboard.
- Option 2: Select Social > Groups from the Navigation pane and then click on My Groups.
- Option 3: Select Groups > My Groups from the profile dropdown menu.
- Click on the group name whose privacy settings you want to change. Note: You can only edit the privacy settings of groups you have created.
- Click on Manage.
- Click on Settings.
- There are three privacy settings for the group i.e. Public, Private and Hidden. Choose which one you want to set for your group.
- Scroll down and click on Save Changes.
- Once you save the changes, the privacy settings will be updated. Please note if you changed your group settings to hidden, members of MyMahotsav cannot see the group in the groups directory.