MyMahotsav is a vibrant site for sharing spiritual thoughts, a marketplace for selling health and religious goods, a directory for temples, purohits, and organizations, and a site for hosting events.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Accessing the new event form
- Sign into your MyMahotsav account (https://mymahotsav.com/).
- There are two ways to create a new event:
- From the navigation pane, select Events > Host Your Own Events.
- From the profile dropdown menu, select My Events > Host a new event.
- This will open up the event form.
Event Title and Description
- Enter an ‘Event Title’ which will be immediately visible on search results for other members. Fill in Details about your Event.
- In event description, you can format your text, add numbered or bullet points, blockquotes, align your text and also attach a link to your event by clicking on the icons above the text field.
- Click on the last icon on the panel to open the toolbar. From here you can add strikethrough text, change text colour, clear formatting, add special characters etc.
- For a single time event, select the start and end date along with timings or you can select your event to be All Day. You can also choose the Timezone by clicking on the edit icon and selecting the zone from the list.
- If it is a recurring event, click on Schedule Multiple Events.
- For recurring events, you have different options for the series:
- Click on Add more events to add additional dates the events will be held which is not a day, month or year as above. You can choose the same options as above.
- For both single time event and recurring events you can choose to add an exception by clicking on Add Exception.
Upload an Event Image, which will also be immediately visible to the public when searching.
You can search from existing Tags and Categories to link to your event, allowing the public to search your event by a specific tag.
Virtual Event and Scheduling
You can set a virtual event for people to attend. To more about virtual events, see the article How to host a virtual event?
Set your Scheduling Status as Scheduled
Adding a Venue
- You can choose a venue from the list or create one.
- To create a venue, type the venue name in the box and press the enter button.
- Once you press enter, fill up the details for the venue.
Adding event organizers
- You can search or create organizer details for your event.
- To create an organizer, enter their name in the text box and press enter.
- Enter the organizer's details.
- If your event has multiple organizers, you can add more by clicking on Add another organizer.
- If your event has a website you can add the URL for the public to access.
Parking details for On site events
- Choose any of the options to set the parking available on the venue. If the option is not in the list, click on Other and then enter the parking details in Parking details field.
Tickets and RSVP:
- You have the option to include necessary tickets for your event, which can either be offered for free or have a cost associated with them by clicking on +New Ticket. Additionally, you can create a new RSVP by clicking on +New RSVP.
- For RSVP :
- Enter the Name of the RSVP. This will be displayed on the frontend of your website and within RSVP mails. Next is to enter the description. If you want the description to show on the frontend of the ticket form then click on the check box below the description text box.
- Enter the start and end date and time, capacity and you can check the box to enable "Can't go" responses.
- Once you've entered the details, click on Save RSVP.
- For Tickets:
- Enter the Name of the Ticket. This will be displayed on the frontend of your website and within RSVP mails. Next is to enter the description. If you want the description to show on the frontend of the ticket form, then click on the check box below the description text box.
- Enter the start and end date and time for the sale of tickets and the price.
- You can assign SKU (Stock keeping unit) and select if you want to enable or have no attendee collection.
- Once done, click on Save Ticket.
- Once you have read through the Terms of Submission, you can go ahead and click the check box and then click on select Submit Event.
- Once you have submitted your event, it will need to be approved by our team
Keeping Track of approval status
- You will receive an email to notify you when it has been published.
- If you want to check the status of your event's approval, first you need to access the Events I am hosting page:
- On the left-hand side of the webpage, click on the arrow next to My Events and then select Events I am Hosting.
- Alternatively, you can access it from the profile dropdown menu, select My Events > Events I am Hosting.
- On this page, you can see all the events you have created. The tick mark means the event has been approved and will appear in the Events directory. If its a clock icon, it means it's yet to be approved.